Just picked up a snazzy new Windows Phone? The only music app you’ve ever used is iTunes? Don’t fret! Zune is simple and I’ll show you how to get that fun loving, eclectic, indie rocking music library into your Windows Phone.
1. Install Zune to your PC from www.zune.net
3. Launch Zune
4. You will select some of your favorite artists or you can skip this step. Selecting an artist gives you fast access each time you open Zune. If you skip the this area will just be blank until you assign an artist or album to it.
5. If you already have your Live ID set up then Sign In. If you don’t have a Live ID, head over to www.outlook.com and register.
6. Click on Settings
7. If you didn’t change settings in your iTunes then your music should be stored in “My Music” If your current iTunes library shows in your Zune collection then you’re good to go and you can skip steps 8-11.
11. Zune will take a minute to read your new drive or folder and add its contents to your Zune library
12. Plug your Windows Phone into your PC. If this is your first time plugging in then you will have to name your phone and Zune will check for any updates.
15. To add a playlist choose playlists from the right hand side and again drag the playlist onto your phone and drop.
16. You’re done! Your new Windows Phone is up and running! Windows Phone keeps all your music in one place. To find it on the phone open the Music and Video hub.